Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chenzie11, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Chenzie11 macrumors newbie

i try to install new apps on my touch. when i hit install an error message comes up and says package download failed. how do i fix this

2. Chenzie11 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ipodtouchpros macrumors member

ipodtouchpros

If it says "package download failed", it means that the source you are downloading the package from put the wrong size or hash in their repo. Once a package says download failed once in installer, you have to restart your iPod or it will say that for every package until you do restart it.

4. Chenzie11 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ipodtouchpros macrumors member

ipodtouchpros

Just restart it meaning hold the power button down and then slide to power off. This will restart it and allow you to open up installer fresh.

6. Chenzie11 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive restarted it countless times. its been doing this for nearly a week. i cant install nay new apps.

7. Nadasive macrumors 6502

what firmware do you have on your itouch and how many GB?
    1.1.4 has some Jailbreak problems and 16GB iTouchs and 32GB iTouches have been reported to have some jailbreak problems
    if your iPod isn't 16gb or 32gb or doesn't have 1.1.4 firmware, I don't really know what the problem could be

8. Chenzie11 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have 1.1.4 firmware on an 8gb. now it just wont let me install some apps. idk what the deal is