Error

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by royalsfan95b, Sep 6, 2008.

1. royalsfan95b macrumors newbie

royalsfan95b

when i try to join my network "apple network (airport extreme) it says "error joining apple network". how do i fix it. its really bothering me!

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Is the airport card turned on?, do you have the Wireless passwords for it? Normally WPA?

3. royalsfan95b thread starter macrumors newbie

royalsfan95b

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Can you try the laptop on another wireless network? perhaps a friends? See if it connects and you can browse the internet

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

all it means by that is you just can't connect, for signal reception issues, wrong pass, etc.

6. royalsfan95b thread starter macrumors newbie

royalsfan95b

ya it didnt work at my friends, so it worked it mine, now it doesnt work on mine

7. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Are there any other laptops on this wireless network??? If you have another mac in the house, open the airport utility backup the units configuration file. Then reset the base station to it's defaults ( there is alittle switch a the back)

This will reset it back to its defaults which turns off security etc. See if the laptop connects to it then. If it does, you have a pass problem

8. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

I have this problem occasionally connecting to my BT wireless hub (though I think everyone has at least one problem with the BT HomeHub) - I can sit in the same room as the hub and still get a 'failed to connect' message.

My initial remedy was to connect through ethernet and reset the HomeHub and then connect wirelessly whilst the Hub was in pairing mode.

I'd suggest as others have trying to get another computer, Windows or Macintosh, to connect. If it can then it may be the AirPort settings on your Mac. If it can't then it might be security settings on your base station.

If that is the case then reset the base station and once you're connected re-establish the security measures that are taken offline when you reset the station.

If you still can't connect (as well as others not being able to connect) then there may be a problem with the base station.

9. royalsfan95b thread starter macrumors newbie

royalsfan95b