Errors when trying to import a data CD.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leynaz, Mar 21, 2011.

1. leynaz macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    So, recently I've been having an issue with my MacBook Pro. Whenever I try to import a CD that has music and data on it, I'll put the CD in, it will spin around a few times and then just spit it out. It won't even get to the point where the CD shows up on the desktop. The weirdest part about it is that if it is just a standard music CD, it will load it right away. Same goes for game discs.

I've done searches for this before, and I tried searching the boards, but I didn't find anything that matched what was going on with my computer. If I totally missed it, I apologize, but does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

Also, it's only a year and a half old and I have all of the current updates.

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. leynaz thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, both of them are brand-new, right out of the package.

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

What kind of CDs are they? R, RW? Mac Superdrives can be a little finicky about the discs put in, which is why I think these ODDs suck compared to 3rd party ones.

5. leynaz thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually have no idea. I just bought the new Cake CD and I wanted to put it in my library.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Try ripping it with XLD (much better than the iTunes ripper)

7. leynaz thread starter macrumors newbie

I would, except the CD doesn't even show up. I put it in, it spins around a few times, and then it gets spit right back out.

8. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

Can you try some other cd's just to rule out that it's not the superdrive?

9. moel macrumors 6502

If it's got the copy protection ring around the edge, then your stuffed.

10. moel macrumors 6502

...or like I said, has the copy protection ring around the edge. It's a music CD isn't it?

I have no idea who 'cake' are, or what type of music they do. But if they are on Warner, or Sony odds are that it has the Copy protection ring, which allows it to play in a CD player, and will point a PC at the right starting sector for the audio and data parts...

But will throw a paddy in OS X, because all it sees is a funked up disc.