Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuPhalanx

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2004
Wilkes-Barre, PA
I'm sad to inform you that my iPad went wonky last night. After about a week of back-to-normalness after applying the sign-out/sign-in fix, I was streaming a playlist in Music when the music stopped. I tried to resume it, but it just wouldn't go. With a sigh and closed eyes, I prepared for the worst as I went into Settings > iTunes & App Store. Freeze. So, since getting music streaming was a priority (Grilling on the deck! There was no time to fiddle with crapple-tastic issue!), I simple hard restarted.

That worked and music was had and enjoyed. Later, I was again curious, so I attempted to open iBooks. The operative word there is "attempted." The iPad had returned to the "new normal": white screen, then fade into the background.

Today, I may do the sign-out/in thing again. After a strongly worded email to Tim Cook, that's all I'll do, other than continually hard restarting.

That's my story -- and I'm sticking to it.

A.

chinchillas

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
I wasn't even able to sign out of itunes, so I had to reboot. Definitely an iTunes issue. Now I'm able to update at least 30 apps that were on hold. Very annoying.

*Edited to add that the apps upgrading are frozen and resetting network settings didn't work.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.