eSATA Drivers (Iomega)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jopling, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

So I got this eSATA card (http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-eSata-PCI-Card-controller/dp/B000Y15DNO) for my MacPro a while back and was able to install quite easily. I've done a fresh install on a new harddrive of my OS and no longer have the driver disc for the eSATA card. Does anyone know a method for ripping the drivers from my old hard drive? Or does anyone know where I can actually get the driver? I can't seem to locate it anywhere on Iomega's site.

2. xyzzy-xyzzy macrumors member

I am assuming your old drive is a boot drive and can still be mounted. If so, I suggest looking in its /System/Library/Extensions directory for some appropriately named kext, e.g., containing possible words like iomega, esata, express, x1, or some such words to identify it. I would think that would be the driver your after. If you find it copy it to your new /System/Library/Extensions directory.

3. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I found the directory, but I am not finding anything that has language related to those or similar keywords. Would anyone have any other leads as to the file name?

4. toke lahti macrumors 68000

5. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502