Especially bad cell reception iPhone 6 (warranty expired)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dakota747, Sep 22, 2015.

1. dakota747 macrumors member

dakota747

So I was recently up at my parents house this weekend, and since I've reserved the new 6s in store, I decided I'd upgrade my mother's phone to my iPhone 6 for her. Got all her stuff transferred over and I have her 5s for a week or so. At their house, I seemed to of had bad reception whenever I visited. Now keep in mind it is usually bad there, however I guess I had it unusually bad without really knowing. Well now that my mom is on my old iPhone 6, she said she's had terrible service throughout the house, and I even experienced it on a phone call with her today.

What would you guys recommend to go about fixing this problem? We're on At&t and the 1 year Apple warranty is already up (pre-ordered last year). Is this something Apple even fixes, or not really since its a carrier involved issue? I wish I would have went in during the warranty, but didn't know it was that bad of a problem. I would really appreciate the input! :)

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

First off. Reset network settings. If that doesn't solve the problem, make an appointment an a local Apple Store and see what they say. One or two days out of warranty, they may work with you.

3. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Nanotyrns

Years ago my original iPhone stopped connecting to the network for internet. It would make calls ok but no other network connection. It was well out of warranty and Apple replaced it. I wouldn't be surprised though if it depends on the Genius. Give it a shot. The worst that can happen is they tell you 'no' and wont replace it. I'm betting they will if it's not because of obvious physical damage like a drop or water damage.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Hang on, your iPhone 6 was fine for you, it was not until you visited your mums house that the reception became worse?

iPhone 6 may not be the issue , could be that the 5s has better antenna. Something worth considering .

Also is the iPhone 6 in a case ?

I suspect the 5s has better reception...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6547677