Espn 360

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chenzie11, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Chenzie11 macrumors newbie

Im trying to log onto espn360.com and watch the masters while im in class and it says i need to use either explorer or safari browers. how will i be able to make this work

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

that's probably a flash site, which means you will not be able to watch those vids, which sucks, cuz i love to watch the masters and it would kill me if i couldn't

3. Chenzie11 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok well im not the most technical. why cant we watch flash sites on the touch. isnt the safari on it the same as on my mac book?

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

no you can't access flash based web sites on the touch

5. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

6. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

7. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I believe it has something to do with the fact that Flash is a program developed by Adobe, which just happens to have widespread use on the internet (the same way that even though Windows isn't the only operating system, its heavily used, unfortunately:apple:). So, since the iPod doesn't have the program, it can't read Flash. And in order to for Apple to allow Flash to work, they would need to work out a special deal with Adobe to get Flash fully integrated into the iPod's version of Safari, because there is no other way it would work.

I believe thats the reason lol

8. SeanJE macrumors newbie

SeanJE

idk

I can't figure out for the life of me why I can not use this site. I'm using OS 10.6, firefox or safari won't work, it constantly says I have to update Move Player, but I have done it twice now, and the same message comes up, "Updating Move Player", and video never starts. Also, the "check if your system is compatible" link also says I don't have the latest player needed.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

9. eurotex macrumors newbie

Espn 360 ????

Were you able to use ESPN 360? I signed up (I'm in Germany) and got the confirmation email, but when I try to load games, the screen stays black with a tiny message that says: loading. I am trying hard to get the UT game for my three boys (don't tell me the score!).