ESPN app push notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fireballer55, Jun 25, 2009.

1. fireballer55 macrumors member

I thought that the ESPN app was going to have push notifications with updates? I even remember reading that I would going to get there little update sound when a notification went through, am I wrong? Anyone getting notifications from them?
    Thanks

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

3. arykmax macrumors regular

Someone on here said August but I don't know where they got their information. Hopefully sooner rather than later because the Scorecenter app is junk.

4. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I really hope that ESPN allows you to control which notifications you get for particular sports; sorry but I really don't want ESPN telling me of the latest baseball scores, I don't need to be aware of the scores of the tens of thousands of games every year.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I just hope this web site is right when they say:

ESPN ScoreCenter
    By ESPN
    NOT ACTIVE YET. App will let you know when the score changes in games of teams that you follow.

http://appadvice.com/applists/show/definitive-list-of-push-capable-apps

6. Smrtphoneaddict macrumors member

I wanna say that when ESPN was demoing the app at Macworld that they said it would be out by the end of the summer. I hope it comes out soon but they really need to fix that bug that prevents you from backing up your iPhone when syncing to your computer.

7. jbrucato macrumors member

ESPN ScoreCenter and Push Notification

So recently I started using ESPN's Score Center app. I had been using Sportacular, but because I knew there would be push for ESPN, I made the switch. However, there still isn't push notification. I emailed them from the in app form asking if there was a known date when push would become a live feature and got this:
    Unfortunatly, there is no set date, publically at least. Hopefully it's soon! It'll be a great feature!

8. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I would guess August. Sooner the better as long as it's not buggy!