ESPN better on ATV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Scarpad, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I have the atv4 and I subbed to sling tv on my Xbox one, their app on that device sucks so bad buffers all over the place, trying to watch the game tonight impossible, so registered on the watch ESPN app on the Atv and it's a perfect HD picture, the ATV is such a better device where it counts

2. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

Notice the difference in quality from my dish network service but the 5 to 10 second delay is and issue when people are texting you what happened. Lol

3. devilsnj30 macrumors member

I used to have issues with the ATV3 and ESPN, the stream would cut constantly and I would have to back out of the app and start over again. Not an issue with the AT4. Makes me not hate ESPN as much.

4. mic j macrumors 68030

I had the same issue (constant buffering) when I tried SlingTV. So I dropped it. Haven't tried the ESPN app yet but will check it out. Signing up for U-Verse solved my ESPN issues, but I would love to drop it someday.

5. clivo360 macrumors newbie

I believe I remember reading somewhere the ESPN app on the new Apple TV run at 60FPS. Do it appear smoother? I guess a good indicator would be the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen.

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

The only thing that drives me nuts with the ESPN app is the video at the top that autoplays every time I launch it. I hate autoplay of all kinds with a passion. There should be a sitting to turn it off.

7. tecnho macrumors 6502

Yes, or at least a mute function.

8. Chaomino macrumors newbie

How is it working lately for you?

Im having low quality image on the ATV4 but it works perfect on the ipad and XBOX ONE.

9. mikeb3408 macrumors newbie

I have also noticed that the ESPN app on ATV4 is much better. The picture is also much smoother and almost no buffering ever, it honestly looks like regular tv.

I also wish we could turn off the autoplay when you launch the app

10. shaown macrumors member

11. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

So much better than ATV3.

It is very fast, never buffers, and looks fantastic.

12. hollyhillbilly macrumors member

I am watching a Mens BB game now on Atv4 and ESPN from DirTV. The picture is clearer on Atv4 that over DirTV, however Atv4 is about 30sec behind.

ESPN over DirTV with my receiver is 720p, and I do not know but suspect it is 1080 over Atv4.

13. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20

I've had the same experience. I love ESPN on the atv 4

14. hunkim macrumors newbie

Can someone confirm the 60 fps playback? Would be clutch for sports.

15. Hilda590 macrumors newbie

Mine is working great.. I don't have any issue

16. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

It's true but only certain broadcasts. For example the Louisville Clemson game a couple weeks ago was streamed at 60 fps. Most are still 30 but we will see more and more at 60 over time.

MLB TV is 60 fps too by the way.