ESPN Fantasy football on Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Does anyone know a good way to manage ESPN fantasy football teams from an Iphone? are there apps or web apps?

2. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

thank you captain obvious. I was looking for somthing a little more streamlined for the iphone

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

You have an iPhone. It has a full functioning web browser.

4. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Espn is pretty chuggy on the iphone even in WIFI. I was just looking for a more streamlined way to see the same site. like a native app or webapp

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

the reason its probably not out yet, like an application, is because ESPN has a contract with Verizon and like Verizon has ad's like the only network for ESPN football and coverage and things like that but hopefully soon!

6. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

ahhh. I see

7. Edd macrumors newbie

@Natesac - did you see on the ESPN mobile site webpage advertisement? they are pretending to show a fantasy football app in the appstore screen shot (http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/mobileSignup ). So I guess they are at least thinking about it. hopefully it's real thing released soon.

Until then point your iphone to:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/fantasy/

it works well but you can't goto the league page just the club house. My scores updated in real time tonight when Was vs. NYG was on.

Best

Edd

8. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

thank you Edd! That was exactly what I was looking for. Somthing quick and easy to check scores without zooming and long page loads! My co workers are always bugging me for the scores at work. I just got tired of going through the pages every time with all the loading and zooming. The mobile version is perfect for iPhone. I can easily check scores for the whole league now.

Thank you!

9. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

FYI, same issue with CBS Fantasy Football ... the iPhone *can* load the full live scores page (minus the Flash features), but in some cases the WAP version is easier to read and loads quicker.

10. randymac88 macrumors regular

I haven't found a site that lets me actually adjust my roster, but I will say ESPN seems like they've designed the best interface for iPhone as far as checking scores and player performance. Would love it if i could actually make changes and pickups during the games on the phone if I'm away from my PC, but maybe that's asking for too much! Maybe someday...

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

You can use the (free) Sportacular app to check fantasy scores. But you have to put in your teams manually since it's not linked directly to espn, and similarly, it can only show you the player's stats, not the point total (because it doesn't know the settings for a particular league).

12. Bodah macrumors regular

screamingsports.com has a mobile site that will let you adjust your rosters for all the major fantasy sites.

mobile.screamingsports.com

Right now its beta and I think they plan on charging eventually, but for now its free.

Also, I think it gives live fantasy scores for yahoo even if you don't pay for stattracker.

13. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

14. smerican macrumors newbie

How do I get CBS Fantasy Football's Mobile Edition to work on my iPhone? I can't figure it out.:confused:

15. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

16. huddlehub1 macrumors newbie

New IPhone App allows you to manage ESPN and Yahoo Fantasy leagues at once

There is a new Fantasy Football manage application to hit the market. The web and mobile apps are free. www.huddlehub.com

How it works is users can manage their ESPN and Yahoo leagues from one application. Users sign up and quickly import their teams and begin managing teams.

Our IPhone application just launched today is available to download for free in the IPhone Store.

Our Android V1 will be available in the next week.

We welcome everyone to come try our app. Our live customer services will be standing by if you have any questions or issues.

Good luck on with your Fantasy Football Season.
    www.huddlehub.com

17. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Last year there was an app in the app store for 2009 ESPN FFL and it cost $4.99

You could adjust your entire roster made trades mostly everything you can do on line. it was there first year at making and app and made some mistakes like adding Add's to a $5 app which they left all season but after the bad reviews for that they made them smaller and that was that.

So yes there will be an ESPN FFL App in the store soon im sure, they just releases the EPSN Draft Kit app about 4 or so days ago so they are a little behind but I would expect to the new FFL 2010 app within a week or so after the season starts (and crossing my fingers hopefully before the season starts)

I am sure they will still charge $4.99 for the app and thats ok for me but not some.... But... I sure hope they learn there lesson this year and make the app with no adds. We will see soon though.

18. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

I've been using Fantasy Monster 2010. It lets me connect to ESPN AND Yahoo Fantasy Leagues.

Pretty nice. Intuitive way to keep track of the 5 teams i have running.

p.s., 4 outta 5 teams i somehow managed first pick..:eek:

ETA -> I can't say enough about Fantasy CheatSheet 2010 - if you haven't drafted yet. Thing is amazing. It lets you plug in your rules, and based on scoring rules of your league, will suggest players....it lets you keep track of who's drafted already, etc. So you know "Who's best, who's left" on the Draft list.

19. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

On ESPN's site, they stated that the 2010 FFL app should be available this week

20. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Well the 2010 ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL app is in the store, still $4.99 and still has ads. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

No iPad app!

No draft app!!

I didn't download the app and I might not this year.
    I'm going to give huddlehub a go before I buy ESPN again. I think it's really crappy they not only want to charge us year after year, but put in ads on top of that? COME ON!!!

21. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

LOL .... I have no clue where you are seeing adds... and I saw a couple reviews in the app store for this app saying Add's Megga Fail..... ?????

there are NO / Zero Adds bro.... this app if you are in an ESPN fantasy league is the best by far with no adds this year!

I do agree that 5 bucks a year is rough but the hundreds I have invested in Fantasy football leagues already ... 5 bucks is a single drop in the bucket.

I used this app last year and it worked 100% without fail, and its an all new updated look and feel with retina support and nice retina icon :p

You can try the other funky apps to manage your league but really the top sites to have a fantasy team are ESPN and Yahoo and they both have their own dedicated apps to run the leagues so why would fumble around with other junk that ultimately wont be as good.

Hope you all have a great fantasy year!!!

22. pamon macrumors 6502

i'd imagine espn would get an app up asap. their baseball one is slick. c'mon bristol. release the app. nfl season is here