ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RJ17, Aug 8, 2008.

1. RJ17 macrumors regular

Does anyone know of any apps or websites that have streaming ESPN for the iPhone? I know AOL radio does have a espn radio station but it does not have the main espn radio hosts. Thanks.

2. jake36wi41 macrumors member

Check out "Tuner" it's a $6 app but totally worth it. Streams the ESPN Radio you're looking for, along with a TON of other stations, including my favorite from Minneapolis, which is amazing to get here in LA ;)

3. RJ17 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you have any idea how that app works over edge?

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

5. RJ17 thread starter macrumors regular

I am looking for live streaming. I do use podcenter quite a bit though. Thanks

6. jake36wi41 macrumors member

my experience is that it runs kinda sucky on EDGE. Great on Wifi and very well on 3G though.

doesn't sound like that helps all that much though...

7. RJ17 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the information. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. Thanks

8. jake36wi41 macrumors member

ESPN's bit rate is rather low, it MIGHT not be too bad at the whole streaming on EDGE thing. I'll check it out a little later, ya never know.

9. jake36wi41 macrumors member

So ESPN actually streamed great for me on EDGE. It's only 24kbps so it holds it's connection fairly well. As did NPR at 48kbps, anything above that seemed a little sketchy on EDGE.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I can't seem to get it to work on my iphone but have you tried www.thestreamcenter.com? Safari hangs like crazy when I try it but maybe you'll have more luck than me (unless it's just not compatible with the iphone at all which is a distinct possibility)

11. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Many of the stations listed use WMA or Real streams, which will not work on the iPhone.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I saw that but I didn't know if there was an app available that would be an acceptable substitute. If not, that would be probably be a good app for someone to develop.

13. dylanb macrumors newbie

ESPN Radio app available

ESPN Radio iPhone app available on iTunes App Store

14. brianworkman macrumors newbie

Awesome Thanks!!! I never saw any website annouce that. Thanks for sharing...

15. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

It's probably better if you don't find it - listening/watching ESPN is like watching FOX News all day every day.

Where are you from? I'm assuming not the NY area, ESPN radio in NYC is so horrible it actually hurts to listen.

16. jutte64 macrumors regular

the ESPN Radio app is pretty sweet! you open the app you have the bottom line ticker going and there is an option to run the app in the background!! you can listen to espn radio and do almost anything else on your iphone! they just need to add more stations..

17. ineedamac macrumors 6502

Get the iheart radio app. It is free and I use it to listen to Mike and Mike and the Herd every day.

18. jutte64 macrumors regular

but you cant listen to the iheart radio in the background while your doing other things on your iphone