espn video shows on the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kristoffer4, Aug 26, 2010.

1. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

Hey guys. I tried to watch ESPNs MMA Live on my iphone. It worked about a week ago and loaded in html5 but now it looks like it is coded in flash?!
    I thought they had everything in HTML5? There mobil iphone site doesn't have the shows. Is there an way to watch the ESPN show MMA Live? :eek:

2. kristoffer4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Its hard to say. I have an av cable and although some video's play in sites they wont play through the av cable. Im guessing they might disable the tv out because you would probably cancel your cable subscription if that was the case!

4. kristoffer4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

No I am talking about just seeing them on the iphone. :)

5. homegrowntalent macrumors newbie

I noticed that too

I noticed the same thing I used to be able to browse the full site on my iPhone and watch videos and now I can't. Conspiracy

6. Bluesdealer macrumors newbie

So frustrating!

Yeah, this one had me raging. I was addicted to that show for awhile because I could watch it every Friday on lunch thanks to my trusty iPhone. Since ESPN decided to revert to flash-only rather than move forward to HTML5 (or at least keep it as an option), I never bother to watch it anymore.

I emailed ESPN but never received a response. Oh well, I'm at least one viewer they've lost due to basing the functionality of their site on a proprietary web plugin. There are many other places to get MMA news.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I just tried an wasn't successfully either. boo you ESPN which is owned by ABC which is owned by Disney which Steve Jobs has the more stock than anyone else.

So boo Steve Jobs???