ESPN3.com for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wvu, Mar 7, 2011.

1. wvu macrumors newbie

Is there any way possible to watch espn3 on an iPad without jailbreaking it? Does PlayOn work well? Is it even possible to use espn3.com on a jailbroken iPad?

Not sure how this works but I'd love to be able to watch espn3 on mine

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I don't think it does, but veetle.com does and they usually have pretty much everything on.

3. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I watch using splashtop remote. I connect to my iMac. Works great.

4. iPad.Lover macrumors member

man I'm so annoyed that ESPN didn't make an app for the ESPN3 content. It will be a big hit if that happens.....

5. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

The probably never will come out with a espn3 app since it's your ISP that pays for the service. There would be a lot of people that would not be able to use the service and it would probably bring a lot of complaints.

6. michalha macrumors newbie

it's ok

i've heard good oppinions about twetv also, there are channels from sites like veetle,jtv,ustream etc. in browser extension

7. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

You can download the WatchESPN app, but you need to be subscribed to one of the listed TV/Cable/Internet providers such as Verizon FIOS & so on to be able to make use of that app.

Good luck. :)