Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Oh really?? What's your set-up like? Can anyone confirm to me that if you purchase ONLY Internet from your cable company, if that alone qualifies you to get access to the apps, or do you have to have the TV subscription also.

Or... Lets say you subscribe to the Internet product and standard, non-digital cable (70 channels or so), can you qualify that way?

If the only way to get it on AppleTV is to already subscribe to the main channels anyway, then it does seem kind of redundant (at least in the home). I suppose if you traveled a lot and took your AppleTV with you, that might be cool...

However, I used to have access to WatchESPN on my iPhone, and THAT was pretty cool. I could be waiting in a 45-minute line at the theme parks and be watching live coverage of FSU's games...

in theory you can buy cable TV without the cable box and just stream the content to your TV. if you buy the cable modem as well its a $15 per month savings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.