essential accessories?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ValentinoV, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ValentinoV macrumors member

The upcoming iPad will be my first!

What should I be looking to purchase for it?

(i.e: case, screen protectors, keyboard, stand, warranty...)

2. number84 macrumors 6502

case if you care about resale. skin if you don't like cases but also find the aluminum backing too slippery. keyboard if MS office really does come out for the iPad.

3. maclook macrumors 65816

Smart Cover!! It's kinda pricey but it's totally worth it. I may upgrade to the leather one this time around because it's my only necessary accessory so I might as well have the best one.

For me, the only reason I would get a case is because I don't trust other people with my iPad. I trust myself to never drop it or damage it, but I've already had an experience where someone else scratched it while using it. If other people will be using your iPad, I suggest a case. I never got a case but just because I personally prefer my gadgets naked.

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

what do you think you will be using it for?

I have a Smart Cover (non-leather) it has some marks/shiny stains on it
    I also have a Stylus for drawing.

and a bag we can put it in to carry along for my son to use so it is somewhat more protected.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Totally subjective. And, as is typical for threads like this, you've provided no information on yourself for anyone to attempt to make suggestions. Read this subforum and see what sounds essential to you. I haven't purchased anything aside from a case. What you consider essential is entirely different from what anyone else considers to be essential.

Worth is always subjective. The Smart Cover was not worth it IMO but, as with anything subjective, YMMV.