Essential Cydia Update ?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Bigmoss, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Bigmoss macrumors newbie

Can anyone confirm they have TODAY got the essential update pop up in cydia that corrects the camera kit issue ? I have seen a bunch of posts about it but have reloaded Cydia many times during the day and get no popup or changes showing to install ?

Thanks

2. borisvian macrumors newbie

That was yesterday for the camera connection kit fix. No essential update today.

3. Bigmoss thread starter macrumors newbie

They dont put an update out for one day only :rolleyes: its in the system until your device has it, so yesterday today does not matter

4. xxstatic macrumors member

I just got it a few minutes ago, there were two updates in there for me, one was the camera kit fix for sure as I just tested it and it's working now.

5. borisvian macrumors newbie

Ah, sorry. I thought you are expecting a new update on the essentials today too. Check your diskdev-cmds version, if it's 421.7-4 your are good.

6. peter3 macrumors member

Mine was jailbroken and patched but I had to restore and jailbreak again. The Cydia update not longer appears. How to update manually?

7. borisvian macrumors newbie

you don't have to. it's part of the latest jb by default. are you facing problems?

8. peter3 macrumors member

So it's already updated at jailbreakme.com I guess.

9. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes. You need to use the new jbme or the Cydia update if you used to the old jbme, not both.

10. peter3 macrumors member

Thanks! Much clearer now. Comex should have updated JBM site for that info to avoid confusion. Anyway all is well.