Estimate of first bill......whoa

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freediverdude, Jul 24, 2008.

1. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

I just got the welcome pack from AT&T, with the estimate of the first bill.......whoa! $202?? For one single individual line, with the minimum 450 minutes and the 200 text plan! Any other alternatives to AT&T?? lol

Ok, yes, I know it's for almost 2 months of service, because they made the billing date the 4th, so when the first bill hits on Aug. 4th there will be almost 2 months on there (started service on the first day 7/11). And then there's the $36 activation, plus all the taxes and fees (hopefully it's not the $27 of sales tax listed on there, the communications rate in my county is a lot less than 16%). Wow. :(

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Well since you have figured out how and why they came up with the number, what is the problem?

3. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Strange... I just checked mine and I was nowhere near that. Same 450 minutes, bought on 7/11 as well. I even have a second device (3G USB aircard). With both devices, and including an extra $20 charge because of when I bought the aircard, minus my Lockheed discount came to $118.

Sounds like a lot depends on when your billing cycle renews and such. I didn't get yanked for the 2nd month. But I've been an ATT customer for nearly 2 years now. Maybe yours was just high this month because you're starting up from scratch?

4. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

5. freediverdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I'm glad that I'm not a new 8gb customer just figuring out that my first bill would be more than the cost of the iphone, lol. It just seems like a whole lotta money just for starting up a single line is all. I guess there's no such thing as real postpaid anymore huh, each month is in advance.

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

im a new customer and my first bill is $71, same plan as you. but i have a fan discount

7. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Bought mine on the 11th and just got my first bill. I am a new customer and also have the 450 plan and 200 text messages. My bill is $102.92. I had them drop the activation fee to help reduce it a little.

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

what are you guys saying to the reps to get the activation fee waived? I might try to do this, but hate feeling like a tool when I call to do something like this and they're like "we don't do that" and won't budge

9. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I bought mine on launch day and because of all the troubles with activation - they sent me home to activate in iTunes - I told them I didn't think they should be charging an activation fee. The rep agreed and removed it.

10. elbirth macrumors 65816

ah, good point. I went home to activate mine as well and still took a few hours.

Also, I have a $24.76 (or close) part on my bill in the credits/fees section that has increased my bill to $139. Anyone have any idea what that is before I call? I also can't tell if my FAN discount is actually applied on there because the summary doesn't tell you crap about what's going on