Estimated delivery date after April 24

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wreckus, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I have a question. Let's say the watch I ordered was sold out for apr 24 delivery date. But I still order or pre-order it and the new delivery date is, for example, may 28. Is there a chance that the delivery date gets moved up and delivered sooner?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You ask a question that none of can really answer. It all depends on how quickly they can churn out the watch in quantities.

3. Wreckus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

No problem. Planning to order the watch I want regardless of the delivery date and was just curious.

4. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I'm afraid when I'll order the SB SS tomorrow, even right in the beginning, it will be a long journey until it ships, just like with another Space Black product by apple... the New Mac Pro! It took them 8 weeks to ship that thing to me, even though I ordered straight away!
    :eek:

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I've seen Apple provide a future ship date, only to beat it by a week or two, so it's all estimates. Best not to cancel and let it ride, or you may find yourself at the back of the line again, considering there are no walk-in purchases for a while.

6. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

If many people order two then cancel one after trying them on in store, delayed dates could move up quickly.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i made the mistake of waiting till the end of the day to order my nMP..... 3 months later :eek:

8. Diana Prince macrumors member

Diana Prince

In past launches, people have been told that their product will be delivered on a certain date (like two weeks passed the original expected date) only to be pleasantly surprised that the tracking info was updated and the product will be delivered sooner. So yeah, it's possible.

9. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

My iPhone 6 order moved up so you never know.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

It is possible. I haven't had any experience with Apple moving shipping dates, as I have not pre-ordered from them, but I know with Motorola they did. I was supposed to get my 2014 Moto X 8-10 days after I placed my order, but I got it in 5 days. I think it is a possibility for Apple to do that.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

This.

Most Apple products that I have ordered have been delivered on the date promised but a "few" came early, so you never know.

How much watch inventory will be reflected by the post here, tomorrow. Hope Apple has their "stuff" together and everyone is happy!

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I guess this pretty well answers the questions about inventory!