Estimated delivery March 14, 3pm?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 09gtr 08f430, Mar 13, 2012.

1. 09gtr 08f430 macrumors newbie

Is this possibly a mistake? Or will fedex hold it until friday? probably discussed before, but i figured i'd ask.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Pics, or it didn't happen...

3. isorhythmic macrumors newbie

Mar 14. 3pm delivery

That's what my order is showing.

Attached Files:

• ipad.jpg
      ipad.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

You will know when you check the tracking info in the mid mourning.

5. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

Apple might start delivering these like they did with one of the iPhone launch

Delivering early is good.

Hopefully iPad available in different retail channels also on Friday (like best buy, Apple retail stores, ATT, Verizon and so on)

6. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Probably just showing that since it's an overnight shipping order and is calculating it off the anticipated shipping date of the 13th.

But since your status shows that nothing has even started yet, I doubt it will arrive tomorrow.

7. maclook macrumors 65816

Mine is expected to deliver on the 16th but it says "Ship date: March 12" which is when I got the tracking info. What does "Anticipated ship date" mean?

I would be more inclined to believe it if your tracking info didn't have so many things different than mine. Like before "shipment info sent to FedEx", my package was "picked up" which shows the location and the "future delivery requested" detail.

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Wait a second - overnight order? When I ordered there was only one shipping option: ground.

9. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

They ship launch products overnight even if you choose ground.

10. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It doesn't know what's being delivered yet. It just knows it's getting a package to be sent overnight and normally that means next day. When your package is picked up, you're delivery date will be the 16th like the rest of us.

11. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Apple doesn't deliver these early...they did not deliver early with the iPhone launch.

Fedex/UPS f-cks up...that's how they get delivered early. Not cause Apple "might start" to deliver these early...when it is in your hands early, it is not cause Apple gave the okay, it is because some poor guy at Fedex/UPS messed up and gave you your package early.

When you ship normal packages, things get messed up occasionally - the percentage is very low of course. When you do a launch like Apple and ship millions (or thousands? idk) of devices on the same day at the same time, you concentrate that low percentage of regular shipments getting messed up into one day and one product.

And FYI, Verizon for sure already announced they will be carrying the iPad launch day. Best Buy as well (I believe?). For sure, you will have Apple store and VZW store...most likely Best Buy too.

12. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

well, i am ok with this early delivery.

If the pre-orders are record breaking, then If I am apple I want to get this to ALL the customer by Friday morning (whoever ordered pre-order) so no one is disappointed

I am guessing this year also, there will be plenty of stock in the stores around.

----------

I thought Apple did that to avoid the over load on activations?

13. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Yeah, Apple wants to get the iPad in customers' hands by Friday. UPS and Fedex are no stranger to this though. Those two companies, along with USPS (if you're in the States) share the load of all the holiday shipping that goes on from like...November-December. I'm pretty sure the deadlines they have right before Christmas Eve/Day are more intense than an Apple launch.

As for the over load on activations, I do not believe that is the case. If you have some sort of evidence of this, I'd be interested in reading on this. I'm almost 100% confident though, that Apple would never release a product/ship a product early just to avoid some activation issues. It's way too un-Apple-like.

14. isorhythmic macrumors newbie

Delivery date changed to the 16th sometime overnight. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :D

Currently showing the package in Middletown, PA