Estimated Delivery Time to Toronto Canada?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tml.chelseafc, Aug 7, 2009.

1. tml.chelseafc macrumors member

Hello...

2 short questions.
    1. I am going to order my Macbook Pro 13.3 inch 2.26ghz next Thursday (Thursday 13th August) Should I even think of getting the laptop by Friday, before the weekend?
    2. I am also getting the IPod touch as it's a student education deal. So I heard it takes less time for it to get delivered. Can I expect it to be delivered before the weekend?
    Thanks.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're in the Toronto area, why don't you just go to one of the four Apple Stores in the GTA? I mean there's no advantage of using or the other but if there is an Apple Store, I think it's better just to go there - faster and you're not sitting around waiting for it. But the estimated time I would say (it varies from order to order) is maybe a week and a bit?

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

No, you won't get it in a day, even if you order first thing in the morning.

As iLog.Genius suggested, your best bet is to head to one of the Apple stores in the area. That, or try your campus reseller, who can also give you the ED discount. Sometimes they even throw in a little extra.

4. tml.chelseafc thread starter macrumors member

I don't think I will be able to customize the laptop in the store... I am going to upgrade the RAM to 4GB so it's not possible in the store. Plus my IPod won't be engraved in the store...

5. thespazz macrumors 6502a

upgrade the ram yourself and save some cash.
    engraving kills resale value.

6. rcf-dds macrumors member

rcf-dds

im gonna guess 5-7 days.

ordered my MBP earlier last month on a saturday, arrived on friday.

7. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

If you upgrade anything, it delays the shipping by another 3 days. If you're that desperate to get it before that weekend, why not just order it today? Then chances are it will be delivered on time.

I ordered mine, along with the iPod, Printer and a sleeve, and it was literally at my doorstep 25hrs later. (9:30AM) all because I didn't waste time customising anything on the site. As I was going on holiday, I actually didn't get iWork with it, and I'm going to pay the extra money just to get it later.

As people stated earlier, upgrade the RAM yourself, quicker, and cheaper..

8. tml.chelseafc thread starter macrumors member

Will it be possible to upgrade the hard drive as well by myself? I can upgrade RAM by myself of course but 160 GB is too low :eek: I was looking at the 320 GB

If it's also possible to upgrade at home then by all means I would :p

9. xilni macrumors member

xilni

10. Z06jerry macrumors regular

11. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

I have to laugh at this post. The answer seems to obvious to me now, but a few years ago, I would have the same concerns haha

Good luck! Upgrading is very easy.