Estimated Prices for MBP with Haswell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imtiax, Sep 13, 2013.

1. imtiax macrumors newbie

What do you think the prices are going to be for the MBP and rMBP with haswell next month.

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I don't know but hopefully the same or slightly lower like the MBA. They've hopefully learned from last year. I will also be taking advantage of the education discount even though BTS is over.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

They won't go up. If anything, $100-200 lower. But probably the same price.

4. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

This article (speculative) from July suggests that the rising cost of DRAM manufacturing would likely offset the lower costs of SSD + retina display production:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...owered-retina-macbook-pros-to-ship-in-october

Meaning that prices are likely to stay in the same ballpark. But an iGPU-only configuration could lower prices a bit too...

I think the perfect compromise for me would be an IGZO display + iGPU-only, with the same general SSD + RAM options as the current models, at the same general price points. I could probably live without a dGPU if it meant getting an IGZO as a consolation prize. ;)

Would probably be wise to revert to my go-to "Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed" mantra, though.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm after the 13-inch, so price drops and no dGPU won't really affect me. Apple already dropped the prices of the 13, so I can't see that happening again unless the cMBP gets discontinued and even then maybe not. But the 15 should definitely get a price cut, IMO.

6. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

I agree. It arguably made sense for the 15" retina to be the most expensive Apple laptop ever when the display technology was cutting-edge, but now that we're into the second year of manufacturing it would be nice to see prices rolled back a bit. My top-of-the-line MBP17 was under $2400 when I bought it in 2010, considerably less than a maxed out MBPr is selling for these days.

And sorry for the 15"-centric slant in my posts... I'm pretty fixated these days, to put it mildly. ;)