Estimated shipping date just changed to 2 - 3 weeks??

cineman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
I've been following the Dual 2.7GHz PowerMacs for about 3 weeks now and was about to order mine. Up until this morning the estimated shipping date occillated from 1 - 3 days to 3 - 5 days until this afternoon. The ship date now is 2 - 3 weeks. Does this mean anything other than there stock is down? Maybe a new product or some type of change? Any feedback from more experienced Mac buyers would be helpful. Thanks.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
optomists will tell you that they are going to upgrade the current model. Pessimist will tell u its nothing

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
cineman said:
I've been following the Dual 2.7GHz PowerMacs for about 3 weeks now and was about to order mine. Up until this morning the estimated shipping date occillated from 1 - 3 days to 3 - 5 days until this afternoon. The ship date now is 2 - 3 weeks. Does this mean anything other than there stock is down? Maybe a new product or some type of change? Any feedback from more experienced Mac buyers would be helpful. Thanks.
Holy crap, 2-3 weeks.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
my guess would be given the 2.7 uses water cooling they just ran short on available units. They are more than likely trying to play catchup now.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
OMG!!

Dont you idiots know what this means!?!??!?!

NEW IBOOKS NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!

:p

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
WillMak said:
optomists will tell you that they are going to upgrade the current model. Pessimist will tell u its nothing
awesome post, i agree completely here

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Chrispy said:
my guess would be given the 2.7 uses water cooling they just ran short on available units. They are more than likely trying to play catchup now.
A very reliable source told me they ran out of water.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Buyer's Guide suggests it's way to early for an update.
.....Unlesss Apple has something insanely great they can't wait to show us.

My guess is that there was an extra large influx in orders.

cineman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
more maybe questionable info regarding PowerMac shipping estimates...

Last night I happened to be speaking with an individual in Customer Service at Apple regarding my ship date. She pulled up my order (a University order) and she said something like "your system looks like it's delayed do to the new updates". She said, "everything looks like it's delayed till the 24th". I don't really know what that means but intially thought to myself that she was referring to the updates that happened in April but then i dismissed that. Like I said, I'm not sure what she meant but that is what she said. I'll know more around the 24th of August I guess.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
cineman said:
Last night I happened to be speaking with an individual in Customer Service at Apple regarding my ship date. She pulled up my order (a University order) and she said something like "your system looks like it's delayed do to the new updates". She said, "everything looks like it's delayed till the 24th". I don't really know what that means but intially thought to myself that she was referring to the updates that happened in April but then i dismissed that. Like I said, I'm not sure what she meant but that is what she said. I'll know more around the 24th of August I guess.
Either way that sucks having to wait the best part of a month for your computer Cineman :(. It'd be much nicer if Apple were a bit more transparent with their delivery times. I'd hate to be an authorised reseller and have to keep letting a customers know that their order is going to be 10 times longer than expected! I hope you enjoy it when it gets there though :).

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
I ordered a 2.7 a week ago

I ordered a 2.7 a week ago and my shipping date seems first of September. It sucks. I got my 23 Cinema and iSight but waiting for the PowerMac. I hope I get it before 9/1.

The worst thing is, I can just walk around the corner and buy it from Comp USA but then I can't get student discount.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Check now

Estimated Ship: 7-10 business days

Today it changed again. I hope this means that I will get mine sooner than 9/01.

cineman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Update: I received my PM today

No new hardware or products announced in the last 4 weeks so it shipped as ordered. I guess the delay was based on a hardware shortage or slowing production on the 2.7's for their announcement in Paris?? Ha.

I'm happy though, I've got my PM's at home and work now and some big, bold and beautiful 30" panels. Yee haw!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I don't imagine any new announcements until MacExpo Paris - it'd be nice to see something then....

D

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
cineman said:
Noooooooooo! Don't buy it! In case you havn't been following the forums that much, you should know that it is VERY likely that the high-end PowerMac will be updated on September 20th (maybe with Dual Core Chips). Wait until you buy! Powerbooks are gonna be updated too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.