Estimated Shipping times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mawdsley, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mawdsley macrumors newbie

Hi,

been a long time reader first time posting..

just wondering when the new macs come out, whenever they do that is, are the stocks of them usually instantly available inshore or do you have to wait a week or two for them to be shipped out?

I'm only asking as i have no prior experience or ideas on stock times

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

could be same day could be a few weeks, there is no 100% correct answer untill it happens

3. mawdsley thread starter macrumors newbie

i take it there is no real consistency then, its just a case of how fast they can make them,

thanks

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

For Macs, they're usually available the day after announcement (if not the same day) in Apple stores. They're not in demand as much as iOS devices are, no pre-order messes necessary.

Granted there have been exceptions (the Intel MacBook Pro launch springs to mind) but Mac updates are usually available immediately.

5. browerjs macrumors member

How long does it typically take to get a BTO? Do they ship from overseas or within the US?

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

MacBooks are built in China, so they will be shipped from China.

I live in Hong Kong and it usually takes less than a week to get a BTO laptop.
    I've also ordered BTO computers delivered to Canada (albeit iMacs, not a laptop) and it took around 2 weeks to get it.

7. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

To put in perspective, i ordered my MBA last year on the 20th of July and i got it in the 26th in the morning, was shipped from China and received in Montreal

8. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Also very possible they have some SKU's in stock immediately and then others might be a month or more off. For example they have an updated 13" MBP and 15" MBP base available immediately, but a new 15" MBP with Retina they might say available end of August.