ETA and Traffic Updates On Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bmac4, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bmac4 macrumors 601

bmac4

Anybody had success with getting ETA or for going to work or coming home on the Watch? Specially the Siri Watchface? I have seen imagines and Read post about the face being able to do that like the phone does, but I can not seem to get the face to show that info. Any ideas?

2. bgrace macrumors regular

I am not getting the ETA/traffic card on the Siri Watch Face. I used to get them on my iPhone, but they are not showing up since I installed iOS 11.

3. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 601

bmac4

I still get them on the phone.

4. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I’ve never got this to work since it was introduced back in iOS 7. The only way I get ETA to work is to manually enter the address I’m headed to.

I’ve since turned off frequent places to save some battery life.

5. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 601

bmac4

Really? That is weird. I have it as one of my widgets on my phone.

6. jekim macrumors regular

If you are referring to the Apple traffic card, that was removed in WatchOS beta 5 or 6 I believe.

If you are referring to the 3rd party app ETA, it wont appear as a card on the Siri face since that isn’t open to 3rd party apps (yet)

7. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 601

bmac4

I was referring to the Apple traffic card. Why did they remove it? That is actually useful.

8. jekim macrumors regular

I don't remember a reason being determined. It just disappeared with one of the betas and never came back.

9. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 601

bmac4

Thanks for the info. That really sucks, and I think Apple is screwing up by not offering this.

10. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

Considering there’s almost nothing else useful on the Siri face, i have to agree. This would have been reason enough for me to use that watch face. Right now all I get is the sunset time.

11. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 601

bmac4

Well I like the calendar info and weather, but traffic info would have been really nice. I really don’t understand why Apple took it away.

12. porkrind macrumors regular

porkrind

Typically, that would just mean that something was busted badly enough that they determined it was better to remove it from this release than deal with the brokenness or delay the release. I would be surprised if this didn't come back soon once they've tackled the bug.