ETA Belkin Snap Shield Secure?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by lovespicyfood, Mar 27, 2012.

1. lovespicyfood macrumors member

I have one on order from Amazon. I was hoping to get it before going on a trip to Hawaii on April 6. Has anyone heard when they will be ready to ship?

2. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

The only thing I suggest, that isn't really ethical but I went in with the right intentions...

Buy the Snap Shield Secure iPad 2 model at Target.
    Use it until the iPad 3 version comes out and return the 2.

I bought the iPad 2 version fully expecting to keep it but it cracked on corner, so its going back.

It fits almost perfectly but I need to take it off and on daily and it won't hold up to that.

3. PirateD macrumors newbie

April 15th eta from MacMall. Just FYI, last I checked it was $34.99 on amazon, and $26.99 @ MacMall plus 2.5% cashback from fatwallet.com.

4. lovespicyfood thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies! Last night I ordered an I-Blason in dark grey that is suppose to ship Friday. It doesn't have the magnet to hold the smart cover in place, but it is a secure model and has gotten good reviews. They actually have the frost in stock....

Guess I will cxl my pre ordered Belkin...

5. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

You could also try this Tucano case (link), which does have the magnet. It is meant for the iPad 2, but I am using it on my new iPad and it seems to fit perfectly.

6. Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

I picked one up a week ago here in Tokyo, can't imagine why it would be mid-April.

On the other hand I don't use the magnetic feature much, preferring to fold the cover back on itself. Should have gone with the standard model.

7. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Could you post some pics? We haven't seen any of these in the US yet. I have preordered one. Trying to decide if I want to keep it or cancel and get something else.

8. Archer1440, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

I dont have a convenient way to upload the photo.

PM me and I can email it to you, it would be nice if you also agree to post it here for everyone else.

Edit: photo sent.