ETA iPad Pro Smart Keyboard non english

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by keviig, May 20, 2016.

1. keviig macrumors 6502

Has an ETA been given for a non english (norwegian) version of the Smart Keyboard for the iPad pro 9.7"? I prefer using Apple original accessories, but if there is no plan to release one soon, i might have to find a 3rd party solution.

2. Wildkraut macrumors 6502

Probably never, USA is the center of the world, and you're in the wrong country.
    Well, they should stop messaging this usa patriotism, and accept that they are an global operating company.
    Their main profits comes from outside the USA anyway.
    Showing $ prices in their Keynote is also ********, since their Keynote is being watched from many different countries with €,£,¥,etc.

Apple do your homework, yes I'm waiting, too. ;/

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

With all due respect whilst I do agree it would be nice to have country specific smart keyboards your post comes across as way too harsh in my opinion. We aren't privy to Apple's sales figures or their production costs and it may well be that it does not make good business sense to go down that route. I'm by no means defending Apple just playing devils advocate.

4. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Dear god i must have accidently poked the spawn of satan himself! I just wanted to know if there were any news about a non english smart keyboard layout but... What have i done?!

But on to a more serious note, it would be nice if Apple could at least give us a hint as to whether it's in the works or not. Feels unnecessary to wait for something that might never be released.

5. Wildkraut macrumors 6502

Well a bit harsh, but sadly the truth. On a german site somebody stated, that an apple guy told him, german keyboards are about to come. But as always, just rumors over 3 corners.

6. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright. I guess we just have to play the waiting game then!

7. redman042 macrumors 68020

It's a fair question, and with Apple pushing their products around the world, they need to get on the ball with this. I would be climbing the walls if I needed a non-English keyboard for my new Pro and had to wait with uncertainty like this.

8. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Let's hope they'll announce new keyboards at WWDC!