Eternal Sonata!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Pure utter majestic brilliance.

Started playing it earlier, and 3 hours later I'm totally in love.

Graphically this is one of the most beautiful looking games I have ever seen. Especially in 1080p.

I know this probably wont sell mammoth amounts at retail, especially when all the gung-ho action titles and sports titles light up retail charts, and maybe it's just my fruity side, but this game could be my highlight of 2007.

So glad I bought it... :)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Caroline is going ape for this game! I gotta say I'm interested in it too, sounds like an awesome premise for a game.

Just hope my bro gets it now :p

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ She'll love it ;) :)

Shame it's not region free, and it's nearly full price everywhere I looked. Ended up costing me €62 (was €70 - 10% loyalty card) which is about €25 more than I pay for most of my 360 titles, but what the heck.

And most stores here only had one or two copies at most..

The naration to the game at the beginning is beautifully scripted, in fact the text throughout is well written and 'high brow'...

It's just 'classy', I have a sad feeling 99% of 360 owners are going to look at the vibrant colours and cell shaded characters, read that its about Chopin and say to themselves 'so in this game do I carry an axe or somthing?' ;) and simply walk away and go back to Halo3..

Really deserves to sell well, but will struggle, and it's no surprise Namco have announced it for PS3 as well. They have to sell the game on all formats because it's such a gamble on an original IP.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How would you rate it compared to Blue Dragon? She's an RPG buff you see :p

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

So far it's far better. I really enjoy BlueDragon too, but Eternal Sonata is better in pretty much all respects.

6. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Just tried out the demo the other day. I'm liking it! I need to pick it up sometime.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'll have to rent it or something. I was initially dubious but you might've swayed my opinion, MRU.

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

9. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Ha ha!

That took me a second to get, but when I did I literally laughed out loud.

Brilliant! :D

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I played the demo and it looked real purdy but just felt kinda 'meh' to me. The combat felt a little like Tales of Destiny or Star Ocean with the running around and button mashing.

11. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

It's currently a tossup between this and Orange Box at the moment, although I'm leaning toward this at the moment. Take a vote?

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I got my 360 back yesturday and I gave the demo a try.......not for me at all...bore me to death. the visuals are alright but its not for me.

Think I'll get the orange box for the 360 since its already out for it instead of waiting on the PS3 version(might suck anyway EA!)

Bless

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ different strokes for different folks I guess :)

OrangeBox is a safe buy anyway ;) I still have yet to play my copy, actually I have still to take it out of the shrinkwrapping.... damn I need to stop buying :D

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

15. pcypert macrumors 6502

Just starting to play this. Beautiful art direction. Horrible voice acting, and one hour in...what the hell is going on???? I know the turn it's about to take but still. Just read something about how you have to hook gamers in the first 15 minutes. Fail on this game :D

Paul

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

6 hours in - its gets interesting.... just another 34 to finish it :rolleyes:

I love RPG's but why can't they do 10 hour RPGS with all the good stuff and none of the mindeless wandering and random *****.

17. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Ahaha. Is it really bad?

18. pcypert macrumors 6502

Getting bettter the more I get into it. Finally starting to take shape. Damn they yammer on and on and on though. It's worse than Mass Effect...but at least you can sit back and don't have to push buttons.

I love the randomness of it. There was this old guy on a bridge talking about his wife nagging him. So he decided to smash her dentures! What??!! Classic.

Paul

19. pcypert macrumors 6502

Also Chopin kind of creeps me out. What's he doing with these little girls? :)

Plus they do this big story about his wife in real life and how she was masculine...then create her character in the game to look uber girly.

Paul