ETF Iphone at ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Is anyone doing this? I mean buying the Iphone, signing the 2 year contract, activating it, paying the first month, and canceling the contract with an ETF.

I was thinking about doing it, does it work? I don't see why not but knowing apple and ATT >.>

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

you will end up paying for than 1 month of service before the ETF is processed

3. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

I was considering doing this. I've got the 1st gen iPhone, and I swapped my SIM into a 3G, and the phone came right up and worked on 3G service. Since the new plan is $15 more expensive (for the same features), I figured that I would then be able to use my old plan with the new phone.

But, I'm not sure if you end up paying $5.99 for the phone, or...

-jt2

4. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Why more than 1 month of service? Can't i just go the ATT store on the day my service ends be like "BITCH END MY CONTRACT NOA AND LEMME PAY THAT ETF!" I pay the fee at the store, sign a few papers(?), they cancel my contract from the computers and thats that.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Contract requires you to return the iPhone to at&t if you don't complete at least one month of service.

TEG

6. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah so why would i need to pay for more than 1 month =D
    The day my month is over i go to ATT and cancel, no need to pay for 2 months o_O

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The ETF won't come until the end of the second month (as it is part of the regular billing system). You can't just come in and pay cash. You will have to pay for each full day beyond your 30 days. You will not be forced to pay for an extra month.

I believe that he means you for end up paying for that 1 month of service. EFTs are process instantly, canceling your account, but you cannot pay for it right away, it has to go through the system, and is subject to taxes in certain areas.

TEG

8. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you explain that for me? So if i cancel the day my first month ends i don't have to pay anymore right? I don't understand when you say "you will have to pay for each full day beyond your 30 days." You mean until the ETF comes?