ETF Madness..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T4R06, Jul 12, 2010.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

called 611, the situation is i just want to pay the ETF and keep the phone.

i ask the lady since it is less than 30days can she waived my bill cost $111.98 and pay the pro-rated for the days that i used and plus the $325 ETF?

she told me, no. you cannot cancel your account. you have to pay the full first bill which is $111.98 and pay the $325 ETF..

is she right? i thought i can just cancel my service right away and they will waived the first bill since i am paying the ETF in less than 30 days?

i ask for her manager and the manager told me that they can do my request if i will return the iphone to apple store, waive the $111.98 and pay pro-rated and pay $325 ETF :confused:
    question: is the $325 has tax?

EDIT: the company i sending me an iPhone.
    ill go to apple and return this unit.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can return the phone and cancel the contract without an ETF within the first 30 days, and depending where you bought it, dictates when that thirty days start. For isntance, you ordered it online with apple, the clock starts when the phone is shipped (not received).

You will need to pay the restocking fee which is 10% which is considerably cheaper then the ETF.

After 30 days you can cancel your contract AND keep your phone, but you will need to pay AT&T 325 and I'm not sure what if any taxes will be assessed on that

No offense but you should have read the details of the contract prior to entering into the agreement.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

You can return your phone within 30 days and not pay the ETF. I'm assuming your trying to do some "get rich quick" scheme by selling the phone, but unfortunately that has alraedy been discussed a million times on here and it doesn't really work. If you want to keep the phone, you have to pay the full first months bill, pay the full ETF, and possibly even pay the full 2nd months bill too. Do some searching on here to find more info about this. In the end, it will cost you a lot of money. If you truly don't want the phone, then I'd just return it.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

You signed a contract. Do you think ATT would let you escape that contract for less than it would have been to pay full price without a contract?

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

i am not trying to trick at&t.. nor selling the phone. i am willing to pay.
    im on comparing right now which is the best option.

the reason is company gave me a micro sim (apple plan corporate and tied with my iphone 4)

if i decided to keep the phone, after 30days cancel then pay for ETF:
    first bill:$111.98 + ETF:$325.00 + iPhone4:$210 = $646.98

or

go to apple store, return:
    no restocking fee, all i need to pay is the pro-rated adjustment for $111.98
    lets say $50

the no commitment price:
    $599+6%=$634.94

$634.94+$50=$684.94

i guess im going to the after 30days then terminate. pay ETF,first month and keep the phone. saving $37.96 assuming the pro-rated will cost $50 as of today.