Ethernet inputs on Airport Extreme over Wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by edwardthefifth, Jan 27, 2011.

1. edwardthefifth macrumors newbie

I live in a very long and narrow apartment, so my wireless connection only travels so far.

My cable modem is located in my living room in my entertainment center. Here I have an airport extreme hooked up for my main wireless connection (I have quite a few devices that need access to the internet, so my extreme is actually connected to a Netgear Prosafe Switch that's connected to the modem).

I would like to hook up an Xbox in the room farthest from the living room. In order to carry the signal that far, I'll use an airport express to help relay the signal. For the room with the Xbox i have another airport extreme.

Is there anyway that I can connect the Xbox to the ethernet input on the Extreme so that the Xbox can hook up to the internet via the the Extreme?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yes. I had something like this running without the intermediate Airport Express with a fixed Airport Extreme and a Time Capsule extending the network on the other side of the house with a bunch of wired network devices connected to it, including my iMac, ATV1 and TiVo/DirecTV receiver...

B