Ethernet issues with Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by roadbloc, Mar 21, 2016.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Long story short, myself and a neighbor share an internet connection. I have two Airport Extremes connected to her router via Ethernet like so.

TalkTalk Router ----> Downstairs Airport ----> Upstairs Airport.

Last week, TalkTalk's service went down for a few days. But now the issue has been resolved (the TalkTalk router is connected to the internet just fine), I cannot get my Airports to play ball. They both think that the Ethernet is unplugged, when it isn't.

I've tried resetting all routers to default settings several times, no success. I've even tried connecting them wirelessly to a business connection we have in the house, it was successful, but again the Ethernet refused to play ball. Any ideas what I can do?

Attached Files:

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Take the ethernet cable from her TalkTalk router and plug it directly into your Mac and turn wireless off. Do you have a connection on the Mac? If not then there's a problem with the cable or her router. Was any hardware replaced on her end? Once you've verified a connection back to the TalkTalk router, plug the cable back into the Airport and restart it.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Make sure that when the other router was being worked on that the Ethernet crimpings on the ends of the wire were not damaged. It happens more than you think.