Ethernet Keychain

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rezz, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Rezz macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

After many years of being a PC user I've got hold of a used mac, so I'm pretty new to macworld. Occasionally, my DSL connection will crap out and my mac will attempt to reconnect using the ethernet keychain I am assuming? However, the password it's using is not the right one and I suspect it's the password used by whoever owned it before I did. How do I change the ethernet keychain? Would I just delete the ethernet keychain in the keychain utility?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Are you saying someone sold you a used Mac and didn't delete his personal info on it?

3. Rezz thread starter macrumors newbie

With the ethernet keychain, at least, it seems that way. The password it keeps putting in is longer than my password.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Only thing I can think of is to ask the person you got it from.

Either that or do a fresh install.
    Do you have the install disks ?

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

When a keychain password is used, it doesn't always show the number of characters that are actually in the password, since doing so would be revealing unnecessary information about the password. The important question is whether or not it works.

But yes, you should have erased the hard drive and reinstalled Mac OS X as soon as you got the computer.