"Ethernet Not Connected"?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TravisReynolds, Jan 29, 2010.

1. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

Sooo basically I live in a college dorm and have been using ethernet the whole time I've been her then out of no where my computer will not take my ethernet cord anymore. In fact it will not take any ethernet cord. I've tried my friends and no luck, they try mine and it works. So it is obviously my computer.

I plug it in, and it doesnt detect it, it just says ethernet not connected. What do I do? I got the latest Macbook pro with snow leapord. I take care of it, I didn't drop or anything it just stopped working.

Any ideas how to fix it?

2. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Just to clarify...

1. You tried plugging the same ethernet connection, that is not working on your Macbook Pro, into your friends computer and it works for your friend.

2. You tried connecting to your friends know working ethernet cord and you get the same thing.

----

Have you checked system preferences to verify that ethernet port is still active?

System Preferences > network > ethernet > verify it's not "off" in the drop down menu.

OR

If it's still under warranty, take it to the Apple store and have them fix it. It sounds like your NIC may be bad.