Ethernet suddenly stopped working on MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by quark11, Feb 27, 2016.

1. quark11, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

quark11 macrumors newbie

Hello MacRumors,

today I woke up starting up my MacBook Air as usual and realized that I have no internet. I have a MacBook Air Mid 2012 and use a original Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter.

In the Network settings it said not connected so I went on and checked several LAN-Cables, router, etc. Everything is fine. Under systesmreport it says that it recognizes my adapter so something else must be wrong.

I checked every single thread on the internet and followed several solutions like deleting environment, preferences, settings etc. It only left me without the thunderbolt ethernet option. I am not able to add it back with the + sign, the option is missing. There is only a Thunderbolt 1 option which will not add to the interface.

I attached a picture with how it looks now.

I hope someone can help me with a solution to this problem.

Sorry for my english...

Kind regards

Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-27 um 18.15.05.png

2. quark11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Weaselboy,

thank you very much for the link you posted. It seems I have this problem even though it says iMac and MacBook Pro but I guess it is to early to call the group affected by this.

The thread says that there was a silent security push. I really do not know a lot about Macs, but I always update my updates manually via the App Store. How can I see what is installed without my knowledge and is there an option where I have to accept everything before installing?

Thank you very much.