Ethics or selling at multiple forums

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wmmk, May 29, 2007.

1. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

Hi everyone,

I'm planning an SLR system switch from Pentax digital to Canon 35mm (I'll then get an EOS DSLR when I can afford one), and will need to sell my Pentax gear. I'll probably do this online, and can think of a few forums I frequent with marketplaces I frequent that have lots of photographers.

I'd like to know if it's bad ethics to have multiple threads about selling a single item at different forums' marketplaces. Should I start a thread at one forum, then link to it at the others, or can I have a couple separate ones?

Thanks,
    wmmk

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No....I can't see why it would be. Its not like your saying "special XXX site only deal", then put it on 10 more sites. Once its sold, simply post up that you sold it, and be done with it.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just disclose that it is for sale locally and on other ads, and may be sold without notice. If you're running an offers-on sale, then set limits: "I will accept offers until June 10, - highest offer gets it" or "- first offer over $xxx gets it" or "- Highest or any offer will not necessarily accepted."

And of course, if you accept an offer from one person, don't keep'em waiting to see if you get a better offer from another.

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Canada, as usual, is right. Be clear about how much you want and clear that you may sell it or remove it from circulation without warning.

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Nah, I don't think so. I do it all the time. The more readers you reach, the better chance you have of selling your stuff.

Just be honest, state that it's available on other sites as well, and that it could be sold without notice.