ETQW with Razer Pro 1.6 trouble

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by felixhh, Aug 23, 2008.

1. felixhh macrumors newbie

felixhh

Hi,

first post here, soo hi-! to everyone.
    I was in struggle with both of my razer mouses, the pro and the death adder also.
    I try to set up the sidebuttons in etqw, but it does not really works. try to set up my
    pro ingame but something like ##AUX5## appears instead of MOUSE3 (the wheel_click).

Am i the first ?

btw..latest driver,imac3.06,the mousekeys are in razer setup in pass-through mode,
    but where they are passing too ?

Thanks for any advice in advace,
    felix

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

You might try it either without the Razer driver, or with ControllerMate (shareware) which I THINK can co-exist with other drivers. It lets you customize everything, if you're willing to put in the time. (It's packed with power, but may be daunting to some. I used it to add gamepad support to Quake Wars and program 24 functions onto my mouse!)

I have a Logitech mouse and some buttons are recognized by Quake Wars with no drivers needed. But to use ALL of the buttons I rely on ControllerMate. (I don't bother with the Logitech driver at all.)

3. vagarach macrumors member

I use USB overdrive, which lets you map a mouse button to any keyboard keypress, and then you can just set ETQW to use the keyboard button. Logitech doesn't even make drivers for the mx518, so I use USB overdrive instead, works very well. Also, if you're willing to ignore the dialog it brings up at boot, you don't have to register it.

edit: Might as well get ControllerMate, it is far, far superior. USB overdrive is, comparatively, in the dark ages.