EU Internet bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Pagemakers, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

There is a new feature in cellular settings called EU Internet. It is supposed to work as described below.

Problem is it doesn't! I'm just back from
    Roaming in Spain and if you select EU on with data roaming off or on data stops working.

The only way you can get internet is to turn EU off.

------

There is a helpful option in Cellular settings when traveling in the EU. Tap on Settings > Cellular and set Data Roaming to On to make the new option beneath it, labelled EU Internet, available. Set that to On and then set the Data Roaming feature back to off. You’ll now be able to use the iOS device when roaming in the European Union, but not other parts of the world. Apple is introducing this feature because the European Union is working towards a ban on roaming charges for calls, texts and data to benefit its citizens, starting December 2015. This may reduce the cost to visitors, but check with your carrier to see whether it will impose any extra fees of its own.

2. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I've noticed this too. Arrived in France this morning to find the Internet wouldnt work at all until I turned off eu Internet but left roaming on. Since doing so, I'm getting 4G and everything works beautifully.

Oddly, it worked fine in Gibraltar 2 days ago with both settings on, but I'll just leave eu internet off to save the hassle.

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I think the idea is with it on, you can roam in Europe but not outside Europe.

Another thing broken in iOS8

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Why'd they introduce this option a year early? Seems like many may assume they can roam in Europe for free before then...?