Euphonix Gear

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DaReal_Dionysus, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

Does anyone hear use Euphonix Gear. In interested in the MC Mix. Control and Transport and if you have does the EuCon software come as part of the system?

Just interested as I'm thinking of investing in them. Oh also does ut work with final cut pro 6

Thanks for the knowledge

2. DaReal_Dionysus thread starter macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I figured out what the deal is for the Euphonix gear and it is so worth it. I recommend this to all editors out there.

3. kidkyote macrumors newbie

Love the gear- hate the support

I like my artists setup- cant stand the company.. but the equipment, once you get it working is pretty nice.

Took me two months to get the software errors fixed.

The new update fixed 99% of the issues.

That said...
    If you do have any problems, you will have to fix them yourself.

Euphonix has the worst customer service I have ever experienced (in 20+ years).

Two phone calls- one guy sighed and hung up--guess he was tired, I didnt even get my question out- just said "hi!" then "click...."

Three trouble tickets - one response—they sent me to a dealer who wanted to know how soon I was planing on purchasing a system?!?! (this was after three weeks in the customer support cue.

Lets hope the customer support folks do not have anything to do with the software updates or we are screwed.

crazy crazy crazy crazy poor technical support.

4. bonehead macrumors regular

When I went to the demo held at the Editor's Guild a few months ago, I learned that FCP is not "Eucon aware". Eucon is the protocol used to communicate between the app and the control surface. Apple needs to release the necessary assets to Euphonix in order for the controllers to do more than just the basics. They have done so for Logic but at the time of the demo hadn't done the same for FCP so there isn't the depth of functionality you get when using it with Logic. That said it's a neat piece of kit but too limited for the price.