Euro Keyboard MB in the US?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacGuy88, Dec 18, 2007.

1. MacGuy88 macrumors member

I am currently living in Germany but traveling to the U.S. next year. I am interested in buying MacBook there, but I was wondering if there was any way I could get it with the German/Euro keyboard?

2. italidesign macrumors newbie

italidesign

I'm going to tack a stab and say that if you buy the laptop in the US it will only have the US standard keyboard. Best bet is to buy it while you are still in Germany.

3. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

You could get a German keyboard on ebay after you buy the machine in the US and sell your US keyboard after...

EDIT: Nevermind.....the Macbook keyboard isn't sold separately since it's stuck I think.

4. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

really the only way to get one would be to order one from the US store but with a german keyboard... alas the only way you could do this is if you were visiting relatives or someone that would be willing to order it ahead of time and have it shipped to their address and then let you pick it up from them when you get in.

Otherwise, no german keyboard for you :( it's special order. THen again you could always call apple and see what they can do about special order parts or if you can buy a top german case and get it swapped out.