Euro-Spec taillights for 00-05 Chevrolet Impala...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MatthewLTL, Apr 7, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

while searching online for a ECU for my Daewoo I came across something i have been looking for for EVER Euro spec tail lights with 2 reverse lights:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Makes me wonder if they have a factory or aftermarket tail lights for a 00-05 impala that will give me amber turn signals?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I doubt it. I don't think Chevy ever sold the Impala in Europe (where amber turn signals are required) and there certainly isn't much of an aftermarket community for those things.

3. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

You [OP] should think about consolidating your various car threads into a single topic - you've got three, this one, Tune Up, ODB codes, and they're all basically about your personal cars and their issues.

For that matter, why not use the master car thread?

Just my $0.02 :)

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Or, perhaps, just have one dedicated thread which discusses all of the issues he has with his cars.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think the OP would be better served at a dedicated car forum. He might find more and better responses to his questions.

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Agreed. Or dedicate his specific car threads to a more appropriate website/forum in general.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, on this forum we already have coffee threads, music threads, book threads, football threads, camera stuff, TV and movie threads……and that is not even beginning to fleetingly touch on an area of great and continuing interest to me which is politics and related political, cultural, social and economic matters.

And it cannot be denied that motorcars seem to play a large part of the crafted sense of self for many guys, and form an enthusiastic interest for many which they can bond over.

I cannot in all fairness quibble with any of that.

8. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'd put getting the car to run reliably ahead of dropping money on tail lights, but that's just me...

9. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

You're right. It would be out of place here and has never been offered.

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

When he makes numerous posts about specific issues/concerns related his in some cases particularly rare car, I think it does warrant some justification. Many of these problems could be solved with The Google. The general response has and continues to be to seek help through knowledgable forums.

Coffee, Camera, TV, etc are more relatable items a large percentage of people can relate and respond to appropriately. I'm not here to start a debate or argument, but it's my $.02 if he actually wants to find the answer.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, I am not trying to argue with you, I see where you are coming from. It is just that I, personally, don't have a huge interest in cars (I read about them, and travel in them, but I don't own one), I cannot really advance any argument against wanting to post about cars, per se, or even post about a particular car.

However, yes, if there is a pattern of posting to ask such detailed questions re very specific and unusual models of car, (questions which one cannot reasonably expect even motor car enthusiasts to be able to answer in any depth…..), well, maybe, then, yes, you may well have a point, in the wider scheme of things.

Possibly, this is his chief means of (trying) to engage with others on this thread, or the forum in general…...