Europe Pre-paid SIM card, US number

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by savestheday, Jul 10, 2010.

1. savestheday macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a good place to buy a pre-paid SIM card with a US number for travel in Europe? Specifically, we're going to Ireland and France. Having 3G data access would be nice as well. I know I can buy them at airports over there but I'm assuming they wouldn't have a number based in the US for family to call in case of emergency.

Further, does anyone know a good pre-paid micro sim for iPad 3G data?

Thanks ahead of time!!

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

you cant get an EU sim with a US number,

you can still call anywhere regardless what number it is you just have to use the US international code and they use the country code that you are in.

only way to have a US number is if you buy a sim in the US and take it with you but that will likely be expensive and you would still have to use the international codes

cheapest way will be to buy a new sim in every country you go to for the data (but the international calls will be expensive) but there are sims that do international calling for cheap and they also may have local data cheap too, but also look if your network has international add-ons, depends how much you'll use.

yeah international mobile phone use is expensive and stupidly complicated.