European Jailbroken iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RuckDive, Jun 22, 2010.

1. RuckDive macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    This is my first post, but I'm active on many forums and assure you that I have done searches and educated myself about this question.

I'll keep it brief: I am in Europe right now and study in the US. I can buy a jailbroken iPhone from a European relative in August, in the US my carrier is Verizon. I am currently torn between upgrading to the latest Android when I get to the US late August, or biting the bullet and switching to (vomit) AT&T.

I understand CDMA vs. GSM and the difference. My question is:

Is there ANYTHING I can gain from buying this iPhone? Could I get an AT&T plan to go with it? Or another network? (Upstate NY). Or would it make more sense to just get the iPhone4 if I'm getting the contract?

I can't figure out whether I have any chance of getting closer to my dream of an iPhone on a reliable network...

Thanks for any tips.

2. RuckDive thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump?

I'd really just like to know if there's any point in me buying this pre-owned iPhone or not.

Thanks for any advice.

3. RuckDive thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ldiggy macrumors newbie

Yes, you can get an AT&T plan for it without signing a contract. Just tell them you want to get a voice plan and add the iPhone data plan. Alternatively, there is a way to unlock the phone but I'm not sure how, you should look into it further. In that case, you could buy a plan from another carrier (basically T-Mobile, the only other national GSM carrier in the states).

Hope that answers your question.