European Power Converter Recommendations

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ansirone, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ansirone macrumors regular

ansirone

Hi, I will be traveling to Italy for 2 weeks and I will be bring my ipad and iphone.

Can I get some recommendations on some power converters from 110v to 240v? Is it better to get a converter or an adapter?

Any quick suggestions with links will be really appreciated!

Thanks!

2. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Try here first
    Youll obviously need some sort of adaptor to allow your (US??) plug to fit a european socket. I'll let you sort that one out.

3. Detlev_73 macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

The charger that comes with both the iPhone and the iPad can be used worldwide. You only need an adapter for the plug.

I travel to Europe every year, and take both of those devices along with the chargers. I simply bought a $5.99 plug converter that you use with your normal AC charger and it does the job nicely.

4. gyorpb macrumors member

5. grebe925 macrumors newbie

All you need is a country adapter like this one into which you plug in your ipad/iphone charger. It comes in handy in almost all countries and is worth the $4.50 investment.

6. realbrandon macrumors member

I personally use one of this little car/wall combo charger. It comes with the version with 4 plugs for US, UK, EU and AU, which is perfect for you.

http://www.xengadget.com/products/1...pter-for-ipad-iphone-ipod-and-smartphone.aspx