European RETAIL availability thread for new MB(P)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by digitalfrog, Oct 14, 2008.

1. digitalfrog macrumors regular

digitalfrog

I guess many people will be chasing down the new HW from retails shops around the world.

We expect them to be available as of the 15th in some shops (we hope).

If you purchased (again, let's wait a day before we see any valid answers) a new MBP from a *RETAIL* shop in Europe then provide:

[Country]
    [City]
    [Store name]
    [Model]
    [What did they answer to the question 'how much more of this is in stock ?']

2. quasarlibero macrumors newbie

Tomorrow I will look for some Apple Stores having Macbook and Macbook Pro in Stock yet. I Will telephone to much Stores as I can in my country, Italy, and then I will report here.
    I would like to find a Macbook tomorrow, but I know it's impossible :(

3. digitalfrog thread starter macrumors regular

digitalfrog

Shops open soon in Europe :)

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I just called the Apple Store in Glasgow and they do not have any stock yet. She told me to call back "later today or tomorrow" when they should know more.

Reports online indicate that the Apple Store on Regent Street in London has stock of the regular MacBook aluminium.

5. quasarlibero macrumors newbie

Six italian stores told me they have no idea about when the Macbooks will arrive. Someone told me " Maybe in one month" and another one told me "Maybe in two days".
    What should i do? order it online or wait and hope ?

6. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Ditto, except they told me that they should have them tomorrow.... thye have had their delivery today and no new stuff was in it.

As for stick levels, the guy had no idea, they only find out stock when it arrives.

I want a 2.4Ghz Macbook...... how about everyone else (just wanna know how many of you i have to hold off with a stick to get my hands on one!)

7. Yixian macrumors 65816

I called the Exeter Apple Store here in the UK at 9, they hadn't received their shipment of MBPs yet, they said to call back around 11 to see if they had arrived but they couldn't guarantee anything.

It's bad enough that an Apple Store didn't have them in stock already, waiting to go on sale, but to not even know when the shipment of the new machines will arrive is pathetic.

8. digitalfrog thread starter macrumors regular

digitalfrog

Same for an Icenter here in the Netherlands: "we don't know when we'll get them!"