European Warranty Claim buying from Apple ONLINE store (IRELAND)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kawa636r, Oct 21, 2016.

1. kawa636r macrumors regular

Hello,

i have bought a device from Apple and after 22 months from the order reception, it got defective (it is a withings scale).
    I have contacted Apple online store support and they told me to contact directly with withings, which refuse to pickup and repair my scale - also Apple refuses to take my case because warranty is just ending in sometime (what a f... they are telling to me??!?!?!?!).

So, for the law, the seller (which is Apple Ireland) is responsible about the item, and i want them to refund my money or repair the product.

How i can make a legal action to Apple or make them solve my case?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

From what I understand: it was purchased 22 months ago. Most warranty lasts 12 months. So even if it was originally Apple's onus, their responsibility to deal with it would have died with the warranty.

As such, the only alternative would be paying to get it repaired or replaced through the manufacturer (Withings).

3. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

I think you are totally wrong; in all EU warranty is 24 months, first 12 months from manufacturer, and last 12 months from seller, which in this scenario is Apple Ireland Distribution.
    So, the responsability is totally of Apple, but i don't know how to fill a legal claim on Ireland; is it there a webpage where fulfill a request or something like this?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

It's not that black and white. The EU warranty is not simply an extended warranty.

You are covered beyond the 1-year manufacturer's warranty if you can prove that either:

a) The product is inherently faulty
    b) The issue occured due to poor manufacturing or poor quality materials
    c) The defect was present from the date of purchase

If there's simply a hardware failure within 2 years, that doesn't automatically mean it's covered.

However I would suggest making contact with the ECC and they'll be able to advise you further. Hopefully they can suggest recourse to resolve the problem: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/solving_consumer_disputes/non-judicial_redress/ecc-net/index_en.htm

I wish you the best with getting it sorted.

5. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Eugh, this again.

You've had 22 good months. Buy another or pay to get it fixed and move on.

6. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

7. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

8. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

And what this means for you???? Warranty is 2 years! Are you able to read and understand or not? If inside two years i have got a defective product due to bad design, they have got to replace or refund me FREE!!

9. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

You must show that either:
    "It's broken help me" doesn't show any of these to be true.

Stop being tight. Open your wallet and buy another.

10. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

Condition B is satisfied because this scale was already replaced for the same reason and a lot of people on the internet have got the same issue.

I'm not tight, just intelligent. I think you are egoist and a little touchy.

11. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yes, but hardware failure =/= must have failed due to bad design. I must again stress that it's not as black-and-white as "you have 2 year warranty if you're in the EU".

I gave you the link to speak with the ECC about it. Best to hear it from the horse's mouth. If there's anything that can be done, they're the ones who can help you: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/solving_consumer_disputes/non-judicial_redress/ecc-net/index_en.htm

12. kawa636r thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your answer, i've contacted him and starting to do their procedure to get my trouble solved.

13. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

That's great, I wish you all the best with your case and hope you get it sorted. :)