Evaluation on week 7 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MMM.PWR, Feb 18, 2010.

1. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Let me start by saying this is not a post intended to bash Apple. I :apple: Apple and have had no issues whatsoever with any of my other Apple products.

This is my 5th iMac, but not by choice. I asked Apple to refund my money after the 4th iMac (2 i5 week 51, 1 i5 week 52, 1 i7 week 6). Instead, they chose to send me another instead of crediting my bank account.

I picked it up and here it goes: The yellow problem seems to be going away little by little. There is NO buzz when the brightness is lowered.

The big remaining issue seems to be the "backlight bleeding." Needless to say.. this is going back. I can't wait for the summer!

Images

Attached Files:

2. ByteHawk macrumors newbie

If I get one like you just did I 'll keep it. It doesn't look that bad. Bleeding issues are always going to be there. I haven't seen one panel without those issues. The one I'm working on right now is a professional (so called medical precision) philips monitor and has much worse bleeding than that.

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Those screens look good as far as I'm concerned. It's basically impossible to get an LCD without backlight bleeding- unless there's some kind of technology that turns off local backlighting in sectors of the screen. Even then though, you can still expect to see backlight ringing around high contrast images.

4. Nihilvor macrumors member

There's a little yellowing there. That's not too bad.

I've never seen that sort of backlight bleeding. That looks really bad to me, but then again, my backlight may simply be weaker than yours; I run my 21.5 at the second to highest brightness setting, which doesn't seem overly bright on my machine.

5. MMM.PWR thread starter macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

The yellow is not bad at all. Best one I've had so far really. I honestly wasn't planning on keeping this machine either way as I chose the refund route last week. I just wanted to see how it was. The backlight bleeding on this one is actually worse than on my last one, which was a small spot on the top right, however that one did have more yellow and the buzzing issue.

I'm waiting for the next refresh :cool: