Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iiPwn

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
From the @evad3rs twitter:
@evad3rs: evasi0n7 1.0.3 is now available on http://t.co/K3W0il1cNN - support for iOS7.1b3, new Cydia bundle, and iPad mini Retina reboot loop fix

Edit: I know this question will come.

From @pod2g
@pod2g: People already running evasi0n7 1.0.2 on their devices do not have to update. http://t.co/lWu8tbs1oP software updates are for new installs

Last edited:

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Still does not solve boot loop. Tried before I restored from backup, after, with iPad in airplane mode, and every other way I could think. Done it 6 times today. What's frustrating, I had a working jailbreak 2 days ago but had to restore yesterday to due something completely unrelated to this, now I can't get it back....

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Still does not solve boot loop. Tried before I restored from backup, after, with iPad in airplane mode, and every other way I could think. Done it 6 times today. What's frustrating, I had a working jailbreak 2 days ago but had to restore yesterday to due something completely unrelated to this, now I can't get it back....

Which version of iOS are you running?

wordsworth03

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012

Have you tried to create a passcode? I had tried over a dozen times with the previous version but it worked for me this time on my iPad mini retina cellular. If you watch the install after the last reboot, it tries to install the roots or whatever before it has fully booted up. If you create a passcode, it forces evasion to wait before the last step.

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Have you tried to create a passcode? I had tried over a dozen times with the previous version but it worked for me this time on my iPad mini retina cellular. If you watch the install after the last reboot, it tries to install the roots or whatever before it has fully booted up. If you create a passcode, it forces evasion to wait before the last step.

I will try this

----------

which version of ios are you running?

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007

Ipad on 7.0.4, windows 8 PC

I've just tried again.

Removed SIM card, set up a pin lock code.
Hit jailbreak, waited, ipad rebooted , evasion says unlock and tap evasion icon
I waited around a minute after ipad was booted and unlocked then tapped icon.
Evasion does it's thing, ipad rebooted again.
Evasion says to continue unlock device.
I waited another 30 seconds
Unlocked ipad
Evasion says modifying rootfs then Done.

Ipad shuts down , reboots and boot loops.

I'm Now restoring my ipad in recovery mode again :/

Last edited:

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008

Did not work, it did force it to wait, but after it said complete, and did the final reboot, it then boot loops. Does anyone know where I can get a version of the 1.0 Evasi0n Jailbreak? That one worked for me on day one, and had worked up until I had to restore yesterday.

----------

Seeing posts elsewhere that I may need to try removing the sim card. Also someone said using 1.0.2 worked. Will try both.

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
removing sim and using 1.0.2 does not work, after this restore finishes I will try 1.0.3 without SIM.

Any other ideas folks?

Anyone no where I can find a version of 1.0? I know for a fact that worked on my particular device.

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Did not work, it did force it to wait, but after it said complete, and did the final reboot, it then boot loops. Does anyone know where I can get a version of the 1.0 Evasi0n Jailbreak? That one worked for me on day one, and had worked up until I had to restore yesterday.

----------

Seeing posts elsewhere that I may need to try removing the sim card. Also someone said using 1.0.2 worked. Will try both.

I'd hold on, according to musclenerd, it looks like. Fix is on the way.
Just tweeted an hour ago

MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) tweeted at 9:54pm - 12 Jan 14:

looks like Sunday will be a Funday for iPad mini retina owners :) We finally nixed the issue! (https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/422486795733835777)

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
i'll remove it from my dropbox once you finish downloading

evasi0n 1.0.0 for windows

I appreciate this, but I'm on a Mac and don't have a Bootcamp or VM on my home machine.

----------

I'd hold on, according to musclenerd, it looks like. Fix is on the way.
Just tweeted an hour ago

MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) tweeted at 9:54pm - 12 Jan 14:

looks like Sunday will be a Funday for iPad mini retina owners :) We finally nixed the issue! (https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/422486795733835777)

ok, might just wait then.

----------

They just released 1.0.4, gonna give it a shot...

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
WOO HOO!

Can confirm 1.0.4 does fix boot loop for me at least on Mini Retina Cellular device.

I went ahead and kept the sim pulled just in case, but it may not be needed...

Thanks for the help folks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.