iPad evasi0n iCloud backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adder7712, Feb 25, 2013.

1. adder7712, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Did the jailbreak disable iCloud backups? And is it safe if I enable it or should I stick to iTunes backups?

I maybe here for a while but I'm an absolute noob when it comes to jailbreaking. :)

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak doesn't disable anything. Your iCloud will backup just fine. Don't worry.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can go into the settings (iCloud - Storage and Backup) and test/check it.
    It shows when last backup occurred.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Well...... not to be "that Guy" but the last one did disable the OTA iOS upgrade badge (maybe it just hid it and did not actually disable it).

Hey OP do not worry about being new, just search and if you have no luck with a search just ask. Most are very happy to help.

5. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Yes the evasion 1.3 indeed disabled the OTA. But that shouldn't have any effect on iCloud backups.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I back up both to iTunes and iCloud whilst being jail-broken so I wouldn't worry.

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Correct i was not trying to suggest that is does. I back up to iCloud and it works very well.

8. tikitommy, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

tikitommy macrumors regular

Is there any downside to keeping my iOS at 6.0.1?

I have a 4S and everything seems to be working just fine including my JB.

9. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I do not think so (from what I have read).

However I always like to be on the most recent iOS that has an untethered JB available for it. I guess I might not feel that way if I had still had my old 4

10. Dizle macrumors 6502

My icloud backup isn't working either even with Package Backup uninstalled :(

11. BumpyFlatline, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I read about this problem. I've seen other people experience it. Ill do some searches to see if I can find the solution. It might just involve deleting a plist file. Do you have springtomize installed? If so, go to springtomize, then go to more, then settings files. Scroll down the list and look for pkgbackup. Delete any PKGBackup files and respring or reboot. Check to see if iCloud works.

Edit: if you don't have springtomize then you can use iFile. I believe the plist files are located in var>mobile>library>preferences.

12. adder7712 thread starter macrumors 68000

adder7712

Mind the rather late reply, thanks for the help!

13. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

I backed up to iTunes and iCloud prior to jailbreak, so that way if I needed to restore, I could clean restore without any jailbreak data being included. I turned off iCloud backups. I used PKGBackup to backup all my jailbreak data to Dropbox.

14. adder7712 thread starter macrumors 68000

adder7712

I always thought JB data won't be backed up to iTunes and iCloud.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Cydia repos, packages, tweaks and hacks are not backed up to iTunes/iCloud.
    That's why many of us use PkgBackup.

16. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

It doesn't backup jailbreak data per se, but it does include some jailbreak information/files in the backup...which is not a good thing if you ever needed to return the phone to Apple for servicing. You wont see Cydia in a phone restored to a backup containing jail break data, but you may still see some package info, plist files, etc.

17. Bitgod, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013

Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Yeah, I noticed my 6.1 iPad hasn't backed up since my JB. I tried manually doing it, it fails. Tried deleting the last icloud backup for the pad in case that was causing the issue, didn't help.

On the other hand, my 6.1 iPhone is backing up to icloud OK.

OoooK, it made me a liar. It hadn't worked the few times I tried it. I did a little searching and some people were saying to look at PKGbackup. I fired up the app on both devices, decided to back them both up again. Tried icloud backup on the phone, worked. Tried icloud backup on the ipad, and this time it worked. SHRUG.