Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uncleburt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I jail broke my phone and now the screen dims very dark when I relaunch springboard. It's more annoying than anything. Anyone else have this problem and recommend a fix?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Or just wait until the screen turns off automatically then when you turn it back on the brightness is back to normal. Or just press the lock button and then turn the screen back on and the brightness will be back to normal. Either way works. Much easier and faster than going into settings and turning it back up manually.

Uncleburt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I really don't have that kind of time...

----------

That worked great. Thanks king!

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
You don't have to wait for it to turn off automatically. You can lock and unlock on your own, and it's back to normal.

vintimus

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2012
You don't have to wait for it to turn off automatically. You can lock and unlock on your own, and it's back to normal.

This is what I do. A little annoying at times, but well worth it imo to get the functionality I gained by jailbreaking.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
As mentioned this is a bug in iOS6, and has nothing to do with the jailbreak. Its been happening on both my 5 and 4S since day 1 of iOS6 / iPhone 5's release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.