General Evasi0n untether

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by confucious, Jan 12, 2014.

1. confucious macrumors 6502

If you haven't already done so, you should upgrade the Evasi0n untether in cydia now.

2. confucious thread starter macrumors 6502

A very good thread advising people to update to 7.04 and JB if they have not already done so, but what does that have to do with updating the untether if you have already Jailbroken?

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My apologies.

My text seems to have disappeared and does make my post look out of context.

I did put.

This thread is also very interesting and advises users to jail break asap.

It's always best to regularly check Cydia for recent updates to its files and tweaks.

Sorry for any confusion.

4. confucious thread starter macrumors 6502

It doesn't help when what gets posted isn't what you think you've posted, does it? Thanks for the clarification.

While most people do update occasionally and with iOS7 presumably quite regularly, this is one update everyone should be applying ASAP.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Just to clarify, the reason it is important to do this upgrade is because there are security holes in the original evasi0n jailbreak which make it possible for malicious code to run as root. Essentially, it completely removed the sandbox. There is debate in the community about whether this is a flaw in evasi0n (comex' position) or typical of every jailbreak (evad3rs' position). I don't know who is right, but it seems wise to update to close these holes now that they are known.